Gingerbread Cookies by Candlewood Bakery
375g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour (or 200g brown Teff Flour and 175g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour)
1 Tsp Ground Ginger
120g Block Stork
75g Dark Brown Sugar
5 Tbsp Golden Syrup
1. Stir the flour and ginger together. You can omit the ginger or use different spices like cinnamon, mixed spice or even finely grated orange zest instead.
2. Cut the Stork into cubes and rub it in to the flour mixture until it looks like breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the sugar.
4. Work the golden syrup into the mixture, first with a spoon or spatula and then with your hand.
5. Once the mixture has come together, wrap it in greaseproof paper or cling film and chill for at least 3 hours or until needed.
6. Roll out the dough in between two sheets of greaseproof paper and cut into festive shapes.
7. Bake on a baking tray at 160c for 8-10 minutes.